Bora Bora fireballs ~ adapted from http://ed.gr/rgho
1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp salt, separated
1 3/4 tsp cayenne, separated *
1 cup canned crushed pineapple, no sugar
2 T coconut aminos
1 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
4 scallions thinly sliced
1/2 fresh jalapeño, deseeded, minced
2 large eggs, beaten
2 pounds ground turkey
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat, then add coconut. Toast, stirring often, until brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 3/4 cayenne.
2. Drain the canned pineapple and Press the pulp to extract all the fluid. Place the pineapple in a large bowl and save the juice for later.
3. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp cayenne, aminos, ginger, garlic, scallions, jalapeño, and eggs. Beat until combined. Add the ground turkey into bowl and mix until well incorporated.
4. Have the pineapple juice, coconut and seasoned turkey in separate bowls all ready. Take a T of turkey, dip it into the pineapple juice, roll it in the coconut somewhat lightly, and place on the cookie sheet, about 1/2 inch apart.
5. Place sheet in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
*The amount of cayenne can be altered if its too hot